Environment & Blue-Green Spaces
Citizen Action Group
Our Environment & Blue-Green Spaces Citizen Action Group has engaged with residents and key strategic partners to research and develop resident-led environmental solutions, and has identified three priorities for its strategic work:
- Sharing learning on climate change (adaptation and mitigation)
- Developing a Green and Blue Spaces strategy for the whole of Thames Ward
- Leading community actions including litter picking and community gardening
To secure and enhance flourishing Green and Blue Spaces via resident action and to develop strong and effective partnership working with local agencies via a Ward-wide strategy
Environment & Blue-Green Spaces Initiatives
Thames View Community Garden
New Riverside Community Garden Site
- We secured a new community garden site leased from BRL to TWCP via Riverside School.
- We supported plot holders of Thames View Community Garden to create their own committee and constitution to help manage the development of the site and work better collaboratively with each other and partner organisations.
- We received funding over £5,000 from London City Airport Community Fund and Barking Renew to develop community garden sites in Thames View and Barking Riverside.
- We worked with CleanUp UK and Barking Riverside Ltd to tackle litter and secure new litter bins on Riverside
- We are working in partnership with SUSTRANS, Be First, University of East London and Barking Riverside Ltd to deliver local environmental projects including the Ripple Greenway.
News & Events
Resident steering group member; Nikhil Rathore, was able to prepare the grounds for a ground penetrating radar scan to be completed, with support from TWCP,
Barking Food Forest is a new community gardening project in Barking Riverside that will benefit local children, young people, families and wider residents of all ages.
If you live in Barking Riverside, Scrattons Farm or Thames View and want to get involved in resident-led activity with your neighbours then get in touch!